Driver - Patient Transportation
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We are looking for a Driver to join our Patient Transportation team. The Driver is responsible for providing quality driver service to patients utilizing various treatment and diagnostic areas within our healthcare system, in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provides transportation services for the pick-up and delivery of patients utilizing the health system in a safe manner.
- Follows established department procedures to ensure that all deliveries and pick-ups are made in a timely manner. Coordinates with the dispatcher daily schedule of patient pick-ups and returns or cancellation.
- Completes daily safety checklist, notifying dispatcher of any immediate safety concerns. Keeps vehicle neat and clean at all times.
- Prepares and maintains accurate safety checklist logs, vehicle consumption logs and other data as required by department.
- Adheres to established policies addressing the confidentiality of patient information 100% of the time.
- Displays positive working relations with team members and customers throughout the hospital
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have valid chauffeurs license or equivalent
- Must have good/safe driving record; no more than three infractions in the past 5 years, no major violations
- Previous driver experience preferred
- Knowledge of geographic metro area (MO and IL)
- Knowledge of various locations in Missouri and Illinois communities. Must be able to read maps/street guides
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical skills to perform minor automotive maintenance checks
- Excellent customer service skills