Floor Technician - Housekeeping
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We our looking for a Floor Technician to join our Housekeeping team. The Floor Technician is responsible for completing assigned floor projects, upholstery cleaning, elevator detailing, glaze restoring, stairwell cleaning, glass/window care, eight step cleaning and all other special project tasks as assigned by Housekeeping Manager, Supervisor or Lead Floor Technician.
- Performs major floor refinishing or carpet restoration, shower scrubbing, glaze restoring, and upholstery cleaning using the prescribed methods on a daily basis. Able to work flexible hours to complete assigned projects.
- Performs all Housekeeping Technician I duties, up to and including washing windows, washing walls and ceiling. Cleans up after sewer backup and water leaks. Reports maintenance needs and safety hazards to the Housekeeping Manager, Supervisor or Lead Floor Technician per established procedures.
- Empties and transport non-infectious and potentially infectious medical waste according to department policy and procedures, wearing protective equipment. (PPE)
- Cares for hard surface floors, sets up “caution wet floor” signs, dust mops, damp mops, spray buffs, burnishes, scrubs, strips and refinishes floors, and lays new finish according to department procedures. Machine scrubs concrete sidewalks at hospital entrances. Operates automatic scrubbers, battery powered burnishers, side-by-side Rotors, etc. according to department policies and procedures.
- Cares for carpet/upholstery, spot cleans, damp buffs, shampoos /extracts deeply embedded soil from carpets, entry mats and runners. Makes manual adjustments to attain optimal results per established department policies and procedures.
- Operates and maintains equipment, as necessary, for cleaning assigned area and maintains a safe environment. Performs routine inspections of electrical equipment used by housekeepers and either makes on-the-spot corrections, or locks out/tags out dangerous equipment according to policy/procedures.
- Attends and participates in department meetings and committees as directed. Works on special projects and committees at the request of their immediate supervisor. Maintains professional growth and development through education programs, trade journals, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of institutional housekeeping experience, floor care preferred
- Understanding and experience utilizing all equipment and chemicals involved in floor care and upholstery cleaning
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow written and oral instruction
- Good verbal and written communication skills