We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The pharmacy student is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in carrying out the duties of running a hospital pharmacy and for gaining experience/knowledge in all of the various pharmacist duties by their last year in pharmacy school, only performing those duties permitted by law.
- Fills unit dose medication orders, automated dispensing machines, IV fluids, IV admixtures and TPN's in a timely manner under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Accurately processes patient charges and credits; fills floorstock requests and automated dispensing machines in a timely manner.
- Delivers medications, IV fluids, supplies and controlled substances accurately and efficiently to patient care divisions and other ancillary departments; returns order copies, records and supplies to the pharmacy as needed.
- Orientate and train new pharmacy technicians/students.
- Participates in stock control programs (ordering, completing inventory, stocking, checking work areas for expired and unusable drugs). Maintains adequate level of stock in assigned area.
- Accurately processes patient admits, discharges, and transfers in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepacks bulk medication into unit dose containers as needed and records the information properly.
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with both inter-departmental and intra-departmental personnel.
- Maintains required department records (patient/other), reports statistics and files in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keeps work area clean and neat.
- Attends departmental and other meetings as requested. Participates on committees as directed.
- Enters physician medication orders in the pharmacy system under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- 5th – 7th year students: Run automated dispensing machine reports and assist with discrepancies under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- 5th – 7th year students: Complete quality assurance reports under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively enrolled in and making satisfactory progress in an accredited College of Pharmacy curriculum.
- Pharmacy Intern License or application in progress.
- One year of experience in hospital or retail pharmacy environment is preferred.
- CPR is not required.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Knowledge of medication names and related supplies.
- Ability to take and follow oral and written directions accurately.
- High visual acuity.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to use computer effectively.