Pharmacist - PRN
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Pharmacist role is to ensure the safe and appropriate use of medications within the hospital, and to follow the policies and practice guidelines of the department.
- Interprets and fills physicians' orders for medications and IV fluids. Accurately maintains patient medication records.
- Monitors drug therapy for contraindications, dosage, incompatibilities, allergies, age specific parameters & other cultural demographic factors. Reviews medications for appropriate dosing , based on history and lab values.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and pharmacy policies.
- Purchases pharmaceuticals and supplies for the pharmacy and other departments under the established departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Supervises technicians, students and interns in the completion of their daily responsibilities including the monthly Quality Improvement documentation.
- Actively participates in the collection and dissemination of data for Performance Improvement and Drug Utilization Evaluation activities.
- Provides drug information to the hospital's professional staff and patients as necessary.
- Participates in stock control programs (ordering, completing inventory, floorstock inspections, monitoring usage, and preparing/checking drug trays) as requested.
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with both inter-departmental and intra-departmental personnel.
- Maintains required department records (patient/other), reports statistics and files in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains established department policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assists in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment and supplies. Keeps work area clean and neat.
- Attends departmental and other meetings as requested. Participates on committees as directed.
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, conferences, seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, contributes ideas for improvement of pharmacy services, etc.
- Participates in Antibiotic Stewardship.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy; or Doctorate of Pharmacy (Pharm D)
- Currently licensed as a Registered Pharmacist/ PharmD with MTS certification in the State of Missouri.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- One year of hospital experience including unit dose, IV admixture, TPN, automated dispensing unit and pharmacy computer system experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work.
- Ability to use computer.
- Ability to gather and interpret data for Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement and Drug Utilization Evaluation studies.