We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Charge Nurse has the responsibility to see the continuation of quality patient care in the absence of the Department Manager. She/he shall be responsible for identifying and communicating patient status changes and emergent situations to the Department Manager or designee.
The individual will act in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of South City Hospital and within the framework of established policies and procedures of the Department of Nursing Service.
- Customer service to the physician, patient, family and to the staff.
- Keeps Department Manager or designee informed of problems, i.e. physician complaints, patient or family complaints or staff issues from shift to shift.
- Coordinate bed control in times of high volume, ability to assist with triaging of patients and involvement of critical care specialists if needed.
- To assist and set examples of positive working relations between shifts.
- Assist with welcoming and orientating new employees to make them feel part of the team.
- Liaison to assist new staff and/or pulled staff with policies and procedures, critical care issues with their patients and overall working of the unit.
- Work with all disciplines, i.e. Case Manager, Dietary, Pharmacy in a professional manner to resolve issues.
- To assign job duties for the shift and are responsible to see that it gets done.
- Assists Department Manager in evaluating employees within assigned areas, including interviewing prospective employees.
- Participates actively in committees to evaluate and improve nursing care.
- Has authority to act in a manner consistent with established policies of the Department of Nursing Service under the direction of the Department Manager and with consent of the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of state approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Missouri as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 2 years experience in related field preferred.
- CPR Certified