We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Under the direction of Registered Nurses’ in the Intensive Care Unit, the monitor technician monitors the cardiac/telemetry units by appropriate documentation, appropriate communication, and maintains an organized telemetry station
- Continuous observation of cardiac/telemetry units with accurate assessment of cardiac rhythm and/or arrhythmia’s.
- Complete evaluation and mounting of at least two rhythm strips per patient per shift in addition to evaluation and mounting of a rhythm strip when there is a change from the original rhythm.
- Provides the nursing staff with a written report at end of each shift.
- Communicates promptly in a positive manner to the appropriate nursing staff when the patient exhibits any rhythm change, especially life threatening arrhythmias, i.e., V-Tach, V-Fib, and Systole and provides a climate reflecting respect for visitors, patient, and other personnel.
- Provides organization of the telemetry unit and reports needed maintenance/repair of equipment appropriately.
- Demonstrates motivation and responsibility with regards to self-development and education; remains informed of changes and/or information by attending staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully have completed and passed an EKG course or take a post test immediately after the six week course offered at the hospital.
- Prior Monitor Technician experience preferred but not required.
- Evaluative skills necessary for safe use of equipment and supplies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with patient, visitors and staff. Ability to recognize need for and alter communication with patients with communication impairments.
- Ability to manage time, organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards, and cope with professional stress.