Administrative Supervisor - PRN
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Nursing Supervisor provides clinical and administrative support to all nursing personnel and assumes overall responsibility for the operation of all departments, in the absence of department heads and hospital administration. The Supervisor maintains the standards of nursing care, and supports the professional growth of those employees and students utilizing the clinical facilities of South City Hospital.
- Provides high quality staffing for all patient care units based on continuity of care, clinical expertise and acuity levels of each unit, while at the same time keeping in mind costs and appropriate hours of care.
- Maintains an effective work climate.
- Counsels employees as necessary; takes appropriate immediate disciplinary action when needed.
- Makes a minimum of 2 rounds of all patient care units during each shift. Remains aware of concerns of other departments.
- Functions as resource person in absence of other department personnel, i.e., Central Supply, Pharmacy, Infection Control, Employee Health, etc.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with goals and objectives of the Department and the Organization.
- Communicates with physicians, staff, patients and families as needed to solve problems and to promote care.
- Serves as resource to department managers related to performance evaluation of staff.
- Serves as a liaison to other departments that are actively involved with Nursing Service i.e. Department of Education, Human Resources, Medical Records, School of Nursing, etc.
- Participates actively in Nursing Service Administration staff meetings.
- Willing to adapt to changing situations and circumstances to meet the needs of the organization.
- Serves as a clinical resource person and assists nursing personnel in assessing patient/family status so as to plan nursing care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri.
- At least 2 years clinical experience in acute care with 2 years of management or administrative experience in Health Care preferred.
- CPR required.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards.
- Good computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and show clinical expertise for the ages of patients served, including child, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Possesses the ability to understand and react effectively to patients' needs.