Radiologic Technologist - PRN
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Radiologic Technologist will produce quality radiographs on patients as ordered by physicians. This individual also operates stationary and mobile equipment in a proficient manner according to department standards.
- Produces quality radiographs on the patients as ordered by physicians.
- Operates stationary and mobile equipment in a proficient manner according to department standards.
- Maintains a repeat percentage and exposure index range at or below the rate established by department standards.
- Prepares radiographs and paperwork for interpretation by the radiologist according to department standards.
- Demonstrates concern and empathy for patients receiving radiologic examinations.
- Demonstrates a good working relationship with fellow employees.
- Learns new radiological procedures by using continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Ensures cleanliness of radiographic equipment both in the department and in the surgical suite according to the department standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an approved school of radiologic technology and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or registry eligible.
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and show clinical expertise for the ages of patients served, including child, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Possesses the ability to react effectively to these patients' needs.
- Registration required by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Two years experience under a qualified radiologist, plus registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Must be familiar with radiographic procedures.
- Must be familiar with radiation safety.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Computer skills required.