Patient Care Tech - MedSurg - FT/Nights
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing patient care related services and clerical support under the direction of a Licensed Practical Nurse and/or a Registered Nurse including but not limited to services relative to hygiene, nutrition, ambulation, elimination, safety, and supply and office maintenance.
- Provides patient care related support including services relative to hygiene, nutrition, ambulation, elimination and safety as directed by a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse per established departmental guidelines and competencies.
- Documents appropriately into patient record charting based on skill level and follows established standards and guidelines of the Nursing Services department.
- Maintains appropriate supplies and equipment on the division and performs inventory and ordering as directed by the manager or designee.
- Answers call lights and responds to patient needs in timely manner.
- Successfully completes job duties within assigned shift; keeps RN and LPN informed of pertinent information or needs that may require follow-up, including pain management.
- Demonstrates unit-defined competencies as required.
- As assigned enter charges on the computer, answer the telephone and perform other clerical duties per established department practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant in the State of Missouri or equivalent OR
- Current enrollment in a professional nursing education program (Applicant must provide a letter from the registrar at his/her school indicating current enrollment in good standing)
- Recent hospital experience is preferred.
- Completion of CPR.
- Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards.
- A positive, service attitude towards patients, team members and customers.
- Verbal ability to understand oral and written instructions related to job responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, versatility, and reliability as a team player.
- Ability to remain calm in less than calm circumstances.