Therapist - Behavioral Health - PRN
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The purpose of the Behavioral Health Therapist is to create the most whole and accurate picture of the patient’s current crisis. The Therapist discovers all there is to know about the patient’s current precipitating problem. The therapist will conduct interviews and behavioral health assessments for potential admissions under general supervision of BHS Managers, completes intake and assessment functions necessary to arrive at appropriate level of care determinations for ED, medical floor, and referral source patients in need of mental health care.
- Provides admissions and intake services to patients and potential patients
- Responds to telephone inquiries from persons seeking mental health care or information about mental health-related services
- Facilitates admission of in-patients and out-patients based on physician orders. Coordinates transportation to another facility and/or referral to a lower level of care as indicated
- Documents calls and related admission information. May staff crisis hotline as needed
- Reviews all paperwork accompanying patients to ensure adherence to hospital and regulatory policies
- Performs insurance verification and prior-authorization based on payor requirements
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Present information to Psychiatrist, Medical Doctor and Nurses
- Serves as a clinical resource
- Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures
- Helps with overseeing and evaluating orientation and training of assigned associates.
- Maintains department database and monitors data entry quality among staff in the department to ensure accuracy and proper reporting ability
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Health or related field
- Licensed Behavioral Practitioner (LBP) in the state of Missouri; or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Missouri; or Licensed Social Work (LSW)- State of Work
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) - State of Work
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) - State of Work Location United States of America Licensed Counselors
- 1-3 years of experience in the Mental Health experience
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and assessment skills and good judgment related to risk assessment of patients with mental illness
- Working knowledge of major DSM diagnostic criteria
- Excellent communication skills to interact verbally with patient, visitors and staff
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards
- A positive service attitude towards patients, team members and customers
- Verbal ability to understand oral and written instructions related to job responsibilities
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility, versatility, and reliability as a team player
- Ability to remain calm in less than calm circumstances