Inventory Control Coordinator
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Inventory Control Coordinator will perform inventory control functions for the Storeroom and Central Service. Reconcile receiving problems identified by Purchasing and/or Accounting. Provide back-up coverage of The Storeroom. Process all product returns from the hospital. Maintain files regarding inventory.
- Review reorder points and reorder quantities of all inventory items.
- Perform cycle counts to assure inventory accuracy.
- Expedite the order process for out-of-stock inventory items.
- Cover Storeroom responsibilities when Receiving clerk is not available to work. Also assist in the Storeroom on heavy volume days.
- Maintain files of receiving reports, cycle counts, total counts and supply consumption.
- Contacts responsible parties to resolve inventory discrepancies. Process vender returns on the inventory system.
- Works with Buyers to obtain return goods authorization numbers for returned products. Informs Purchasing and Accounting of items being returned. Follows through with vender product recalls by contacting effected departments and providing them with a copy of the recall paper work. Provides a copy of the recall to the Safety Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years inventory control and/or receiving experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer, knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of functions and relationships of departments within a hospital environment preferred.