Director of Human Resources
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring Human Resources functions for South City Hospital within regulatory and hospital guidelines. Ensures that hospital and regulatory guidelines are met and operations are handled in a timely, effective manner. Provides administrative leadership to assigned departments.
- Functions as the primary Human Resources professional for South City Hospital. Establishes and interprets Human Resources policies and procedures for facility, ensuring all are established in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Works with managers and staff to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Seeks guidance from appropriate authority as necessary.
- As a member of the senior management team, serves as a strategic partner, giving input into areas dealing with Human Resources issues. Ensures compliance with goals and guidelines established by hospital and regulatory entities.
- Ensures appropriate, timely implementation of processes and procedures dealing with compensation, benefits, Workers’ Compensation, and all regulatory compliance issues specific to or affecting the Human Resources function. Collaborates with Generalists to ensure that facility staffing needs are met.
- Works with administrators, managers and employees to ensure appropriate, effective handling of employee relations issues. Coaches administrators and managers on performance management process. Works with employees on concerns dealing with managers, co-workers or other work-related problems or concerns.
- Continuously assesses organization for union vulnerability. Reports union activity to CEO and senior management in a timely manner. Provides management training regarding unions when necessary.
- Handles Grievance Process and EEOC allegations, obtaining guidance from legal counsel when necessary. Investigates employee harassment allegations and handles per established procedure.
- Monitors budget for areas of responsibility, making necessary adjustments to ensure budgetary compliance. Works with senior management on cost reduction plans, specifically those related to labor costs. Assists managers with staffing plans relating to changing staffing mix, changing job duties, cross-training staff and other labor related issues.
- Maintains responsibility for Human Resources, Employee Health, Spiritual Care, Education, and Volunteer Services.
- Serves as ADA Officer for hospital.
- Monitors Human Resources turnover report and takes appropriate action to ensure retention of staff meeting Standards of Conduct. Appropriate action includes: working with managers on performance management for staff members not meeting expectation; assisting managers in improving their own performance; and, working to develop and implement retention strategies.
- Works with management to ensure educational needs of staff are met, including leadership training, mandatory requirements and staff educational needs obtained through needs assessment. Teaches courses relating to Human Resources and management.
- Actively participates on committees and appropriate ad hoc teams.
- Actively participates in and demonstrates commitment to continuous quality improvement efforts, especially those related to customer satisfaction initiatives.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in meaningful educational programs and by keeping current with literature related to human resources field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required - Human Resources or related field preferred; Masters degree preferred
- Five or more years demonstrated successful experience in Human Resources. Generalist and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Able to project appropriate professional image and ethical standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated computer ability; experience with Microsoft Office products preferred
- Ability to present materials 1:1 or in front of a group
- Attention to detail
- Analytic ability to evaluate reports, research studies and other data