Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The Registered Nurse – Float Pool will provide nursing care to a wide variety of patients within the Emergency Department and Hospital. The RN Float pool will be a member of the nursing team that provides direct nursing care to a specific unit within the hospital. We have day and evening shifts available.
- Plans work assignments, including the staffing and scheduling of assignments, based on patient needs and qualification of the nursing staff using the Nursing Services guidelines to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing levels. Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume, schedule changes and emergencies.
- Acts as resource person for patients, visitors and staff in both routine and crisis situations. Addresses problems and complaints thoroughly and responds appropriately and promptly.
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial dimensions of patients using a holistic approach, within the scope of knowledge and experience base, upon admission and throughout the nursing process, and documents appropriately into the patient record following established standards of the patient care services department.
- Plans, implements and evaluates a formal written individualized plan of care within the appropriate time frame based on the nursing assessment and diagnosis and appropriate Standards of Care.
- Provides quality patient care from admission to discharge by collaborating with all healthcare team members and other departments and maintaining cost-effectiveness in accordance with established policy and practice guidelines.
- Participates in unit-based quality improvement processes as required.
- Assumes accountability for professional growth by functioning as a preceptor for patient care staff and an educational resource for other healthcare professionals, maintaining a current professional knowledge base and developing leadership behaviors and skills as a charge nurse in accordance with established policies and practice guidelines.
- Demonstrates competencies of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act by practicing within established policies and practice guidelines.
- Demonstrates unit-defined competencies as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from Associate, Diploma or Bachelor degreed nursing program
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri
- Experience as a RN – Med/Surg, ICU or ED experience
- Current MO Nursing License
- Completion of CPR
- Evaluative skills necessary for patient assessment.
- Decision making skills required for treatment planning/implementation.
- Clinical reasoning and judgment skills necessary for evaluation of nursing interventions and for safety of patients and self.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with patients, visitors and staff. Ability to recognize need for and alter communication with patients with communication impairments.
- Ability to manage time, organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards, and cope with professional stress.