Central Supply Tech
We are South City Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Under general supervision, assures the timely and accurate restocking of medical supplies and equipment to hospital departments. Responsible for independently inventorying, picking, and delivering the correct supplies and equipment to hospital departments in accordance to hospital policies and procedures.
Distribution: Maintain deliveries of par level stock for all departments with pars. Makes timely rounds to fill non-par level request for supplies and equipment. Rotates and checks for expired stock items in the department and on par locations. Consistently maintains stock levels in the department by using the computer inventory system. This includes conducting timely cycle counts, routine checks and issuing of the inventory. Responds to “stat” request in a timely urgent manner.
Processing: Maintain Surgery pack inventory in Surgery and the Central Service Department. Maintain Surgery Department par levels for other supplies that are sourced from Central Service. Restock crash carts according to par list.
Decontamination: Safely clean, disinfect and inspect all patient equipment according to procedure. Stores all clean and disinfected equipment in the proper storage areas. Regularly exercises proper techniques for personal safety in the Decontamination Room and on soiled pick-up rounds. Makes soiled pick-up rounds in areas responsible at least once each day or more frequent if necessary. Places clear plastic bags on equipment that have been processed and returned to service. Removes damaged or questionable items from service and issue work request to Clinical Engineering or Engineering departments as appropriate.
Clerical: Utilizes the inventory management computer system for issues and returns of supplies. Utilizes the computer system for charges or credits of supplies used on patients. Maintain one month’s record of par sheets. Contact equipment rental companies and records the type of equipment requested. This consists of the beginning and ending dates of usage.
Miscellaneous: Demonstrates working knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Capable of performing department responsibilities in the absence of a supervisor. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current MO Pharmacy Technician certification required, or obtained within 1month of hire.
- Prior central supply experience preferred, but not required. Warehouse and/or inventory experience preferred
- Capable of basic computer navigation.
- Good customer service ability.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Able to work alone and complete assigned responsibilities with or without immediate direction.